Sat, May 20|
Coyote Tales Farm Studios
Ceremony & Ritual Workshop
Join me on a journey of remembering Nature-Based Ceremony and Ritual.
Time & Location
May 20, 10:00 a.m. EDT – May 21, 5:30 p.m. EDT
Coyote Tales Farm Studios, 481 Mallard Lake Rd, Bancroft, ON K0L 1C0, Canada
About the event
I invite you to join me on a journey of remembering nature-based ceremony and ritual. Since time immemorial, our land-based ancestors have engaged in regular rites and practices to maintain healthy relationship with the earth and spirit. We simply need to tune in to reclaim authentic ways of being in sacred space for personal, collective, and earth healing.
During this workshop, I will offer a series of invitations and journeys to help quiet your mind so you can open your body to attune with the land and spirit. You will spend time alone on the land to deepen into this. We will engage in cross-cultural practices for creating ceremony and ritual including: asking permission, offering gratitude, setting intentions, creating the container, energetic clearing, boundary work, surrendering to mystery, and ceremonial closing.
We will share with each other through Council Practice and invite in the collective wisdom of the group and your ancestors. We will hold sacred witness for one another as we engage in this tender work. We will laugh, sing, reflect, share, and dance our way back to intimate connection with spirit, each other, and the earth.
Our time together will involve:
- Solo time on the land
- Spirit journeying (i.e. dreaming)
- Cultivating and being in sacred space
- Authentic spiritual practice
- Crafting sacred items
- Singing and music
- Personal & collective healing
- Co-creating a community ritual
What to bring:
- Items for the four elements (fist-sized stone, small jar of water, large feather, candle)
- Sacred items that are significant to you
- Drum or rattle if you have one
- Offering items (i.e. tobacco, cedar, etc)
- Dried plants and/or infused oils
- Journal and writing utensils
- Cushion, blanket, or chair